You may be asking yourself…. “why should I do an Escape Room?”
We have 10 reasons why you should Book It today!
Reduce risk of dementia by challenging your mind
- Godman (2015) says, ” mental and social engagement protect our thinking skills.” According to the Alzheimer’s Association “research has found that keeping the brain active seems to increase its vitality and may build its reserves of brain cells and connections.” Playing games, trying memory exercises, and staying active are important for reducing your risk of dementia. An Escape Room is a great way to challenge your mind!
Get up and move!
- Recent data shows that over half of non-sleeping time is spent sedentary (sitting) and the link between sedentarism and health decline is prominent. An Escape Room is a great way to get up and move.
- Employers want to hire people who can work with others. You cannot complete a Mighty Awesome Escape Room alone, you have to work together to complete the challenge.
The 4 C’s: Communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking
- The Common Core State Standards for education stress the importance of the 4 C’s. An Escape Room is a great way to build each of these 21st century skills out of the confines of the classroom.
A 4th C: Challenges
- Even the government understands the importance of providing challenging opportunities. Start off by conquering the challenge of an Escape Room and then move on to solving challenges for some money! check out challenge.gov
True social interaction
- We live in a highly connected world where technology can bring people together in just a simple click of a button. Although technology provides instant connections, are they meaningful and real? An Escape Room provides a place to meet up with friends, family, and/or coworkers for true social interaction with a healthy dose of competition! Oxytocin is a hormone that is released when in groups of people, which is just another benefit of in person meetings!
Having FUN is good for your health!
- Dopamine is released when we set a challenge and we accomplish it. Come to the Escape Room and release the “reward molecule”
Hands on learning: Kinesthetic
- John Dewey once said, ““Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” We learn by doing; We learn by getting our hands dirty and participating in our learning. You could read a book about brain puzzles, or you could come and be immersed in an experience that includes brain challenges.
Use your imagination
- Why do we love movies and books? Because we are immersed in another world, another time, or another place. Escape Rooms take you back to your childhood love of imagination and play.
Escape – not just the room, but the real world for about an hour
- We live in an incredibly fast-paced stressful world, take an hour away from the hustle and have some fun!
So, I ask you, why wouldn’t you want to do a Mighty Awesome Escape Room?